Mikkola school contingency plan for coronavirus
Mikkola school has prepared a contingency plan in case the COVID-19 disease epidemic caused by the coronavirus interrupts schooling for a period of time throughout the school.
1. Study materials
On Friday, March 13, students will bring home the following learning materials:
- Grades 1-2: Mathematics, Finnish and Workbook (+ S2-Books)
- Grades 3-4: Mathematics, Finnish and English
- Grades 5-6: Math, Finnish, English and Chromebook
- Grades 7-9: All school books and Chromebook
Staff: Chromebooks and all educational materials
2. Excursions, visitors and returning from abroad
Excursions during the school day are not made at this time.
Students and staff returning from overseas are advised to stay home for 14 days from the date of arrival. In such a situation, the guardian should contact Principal Ville Ylianunti (☎ +358405860917) or Assistant Principal Mirja-Riikka Kilponen (☎ +358407718786) and, by Wilma, class teacher or class supervisor.
International visiting groups will not be accepted during the spring term.
The practice of organizing homeschooling is implemented as in normal circumstances. Homeschooling means that the guardian is responsible for providing teaching at home.
You should contact Principal Ville Ylianunti or Assistant Principal Mirja-Riikka Kilponen for admission to homeschooling.
4. School-based teaching in the case of students are staying home
- Grades 1-2: Assignment of tasks and communication with guardian of the child through Wilma.
- Grades 3-4: Assignment of tasks and communication with guardian through Wilma or other available channel specified by the class teacher.
- Grades 5-6: Assignment of tasks and communication with students through Google Classroom and Google Meet.
- Grades 7-9: Assignment of tasks and communication with students through Google Classroom and Google Meet.
5. Wilma username
Wilma username should be checked on Friday before leaving school.
6. Reading week and other events
If we are able to arrange teaching next week at school grades 1-4 will have Reading week on the next schedule
- Grades 1-2: Monday to Wednesday 8:05am - 12pm
- Grades 3-4: Monday to Wednesday 8:50am - 12pm
- Swimming has been canceled.
- The opera performance on Wednesday has been canceled.
- The 9th grade Yrityskylä (Business Village) visit has been canceled.
Information to guardians, students and staff will be published mainly through Wilma. If the Wilma system does not work, we will handle the information in hard copy.
General releases will be published on the City of Vantaa website. The school's own bulletins appear on the school's website.