Support for Your Child
Each student has the right to receive learning support. Learning support is a pedagogical activity that is planned together by the teacher and the special-needs teacher. Learning support is divided into three levels:
- general support (remedial instruction, part-time special education)
- Intensified support (remedial instruction, part-time special education, weighted study by area of study, a personal educational plan)
- special support (all of the above as well as classroom special education and personal special education according to the personal educational plan HOJKS)
When there is a special-education decision request for a student, parents are involved throughout the entire process. A special-education decision requires a pedagogical assessment and a consultation with the student’s guardians, during which the guardians’ consent to special support is requested.
In addition to a school’s own special education, Vantaa also has regional and City-level services. These services offer the student strong special support either on a temporary or a permanent basis. Access to these services is always done through the regional coordinators.
- Regional and City Level Services (in Finnish)
- Bullying, Violence and Harassment Prevention Plan
- Antibullying KiVa School
- KiVa School Contact Persons